Sunday, March 9, 2014

Thursday and Friday, March 6 and 7.

This won't be much of a post. We got back from Garaha Larh late Wednesday Night with no power in the house. I cleaned up, showered and cleaned the popped blisters on my hands the best I could by flashlight (for the Nigeria readers a flashlight is a torch). I slept in a little Thursday and when I had power I worked the previous posting about our trip and an After Action Report. It will be good to get this job over so we can work on some procedures to make the work here more efficient and cost effective. I met with Adams and agreed to have him and Rubin come by on Friday to rebuild the cylinders we brought back from Garaha Larh.

Friday was another lazy office day. Rubin and Adams came by and they were able to change all the gaskets and seals on one of the two cylinders. They tested it and it worked. They used all the best parts from both of the cylinders and new seals from the supply of repair parts that I had purchased in Lagos a few years back. The only seal we did not have was for the cylinder couplings. Those were still usable.

After they finished I asked them to move the pipes that had been stored in the kitchen area of the house back to the office area. I was tired on standing on pipes while boiling water. I would have moved them except, I am being careful of the open blisters on my hands. I do not want to have to fight an infection. The hot dry weather seems to be good for clotting. On Friday whenever I would close my hand the wounds would break open. By Sunday they are stable. The cheap generic band aids I had brought last year do not hold up to the sweat. I have some of the real Johnson & Johnson brand I used on Sunday.

The rest of the day I worked on researching applications for grants for the Deaf Church Construction. The final cost estimate is not complete but we think they are about $2000 short of finishing the basic church building. I am hoping to find that money and more to enhance it to more than the basic building.

Early in the evening I went out to a small shop I know a little way up the road from the Cathedral. I asked if they had any antiseptic soap and which was the best. He suggested the Crusader Soap. The directions are interesting. I like the caution in the bottom left corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments with me. I want to know if I am too boring or giving too much details. I do not know unless I get your comments.